As the leader of an analytics business unit, the scope of the methods and projects you should plan to deliver include:
- Supervised and unsupervised modeling
- Operations Research/Optimization
- Design of Experiment
- Statistical Quality Control
- Text Mining (flow verbatim and text corpus)
- Link Analysis
- Big Data techniques (Map Reduce/Hadoop)
- Heuristics (complex business rules)
- Process Mining
- Cognitive Decision Analysis
- Visualizations (Mental Modeling)
- Interpretation of dense signals (voice and image)
- Interpretation of flow data (click streams, verbatim, dialogues and diaries)
You will have to work to uncover projects and understand the value proposition for these kinds of projects. Even more challenging, you will have work to do to explain why your operations managers need these types of analytics to improve their operating results.
Lastly, you will need to bring the talent, tools and processes together to perform this type of work for your organization. An exciting and challenging prospect.